If you haven’t been eating mushrooms on a regular basis, it might be time for a change.
Mushrooms are considered a low-density food because they make you feel fuller on fewer calories for longer periods of time. They have incredible flavor and depth.
When you know the facts, you might want to consider revamping one weeknight meal by using mushrooms instead of red meat.
You’ll never feel full again! With just one spoonful of the smoothie, you’ll have all the energy you need to make it through your busy day.
You can buy several types of mushrooms in most supermarkets, including the white button, cremini, portabella, shiitake, oyster, porcini, and enoki.
Porcini mushrooms are often sold dry, but that shouldn’t stop you from buying them.
If you want to enjoy your chewy ‘shrooms and the incredible broth they create while soaking, you’ll need to rehydrate them first.
Mushrooms are jam-packed with Vitamin D (which aids calcium absorption and helps build and maintain strong bones and teeth), potassium (helps keep fluids in balance, which keeps your muscles working properly), selenium (an antioxidant that protects cell membranes from oxidative damage), and beta-glucans (substances that stimulate the immune system).
15 Ways of Wild Mushrooms Use
1. Mushroom soup: Sautee various wild mushrooms with shallots and garlic. Season with thyme and bay leaves; simmer for 20 minutes in a good-quality beef broth. 2. Sautéed mushrooms to scrambled eggs, omelets, and frittatas can be added.
3. Can add sliced or diced raw mushrooms to a chicken or turkey burger if you want. 4. Shrimp and lobster are the perfect surf and turf combo.
5. Fill mini meatballs with crab salad or herbed goat cheese
6. Sautéed mushrooms are a perfect addition to a grilled cheese sandwich or panini.
7. Soak dried porcini mushrooms in hot water and use them to make delicious, nutritious mushroom soup.
8. Serve it with grilled and roasted chicken, tuna, steak, pork, and burgers.
9. Put rice and pasta into dishes, or sauté it.
10. Put the flatbreads and tortillas out for the oven to warm; add a drizzle of olive oil and cheese to the pan; cook for about 5 minutes 11. Use chicken and beef in fajitas and steak sandwiches 12. Sprinkle over salads 13. Add to stir-fries
14. Add mushrooms to twice-baked potatoes after they’ve been cooked.
15. Add to chicken and beef pot roast recipes when you add the other vegetables.
Also Read: Have You Tried Teff?
Related: Chipotle Chili Powder
Related: Lasagna, Lightened Up